This is a “Lean & Green” meal which is a term coined by this amazing food plan/lifestyle that brings your metabolism into balance and helps you achieve your optimum weight and health. I’m a health coach for this plan so if you would like more information, please contact me.
Healthy, low fat and low carb.
Recipe type: Lean and Green
- 1 pound of super lean ground turkey
- 1 zucchini grated
- 2 eggs
- Salt & Pepper
- Other spices to taste
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- ½ grated mozzarella
- 1½ cups thin sliced steamed cabbage or spaghetti squash
- Mix turkey, eggs, grated zucchini and spices. Heat oven to 350º. Line a cookie sheet with parchment. Form turkey mixture into balls and place on sheet. Bake 20 minutes.
- Remove from sheet, place in baking dish, cover with marinara sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake 5 minutes more.
- Weigh about 7 oz of meatballs. Serve over cabbage (my preference as it goes well with the tomato sauce) or spaghetti squash.