Turkey Slaw Tostadas
Here is a great recipe for using leftover turkey. If you are vegetarian, you can substitute chickpeas for the turkey.
- 2 carrots julienned
- 2 stalks celery sliced crosswise paper thin
- 1.5 c finely grated red cabbage
- 1 c dried cranberries
- 2 c cubed leftover turkey
- drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ c honey
- ½ c mayonnaise or greek yogurt (if using greek yogurt add a little more honey to offset sourness)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12-15 corn tortillas
- oil for frying
- avocado thinly sliced (if using large Florida avocados, ½ is plenty, if using Haas avocados then 3)
- Mix well in a large bowl all ingredients up to tortillas. Chill in fridge.
- Heat 1" oil in a cast iron pan.
- Fry each tortilla golden brown, flipping part way through. Place on a rack to drain.
- You can keep tortillas warm in the oven until ready to serve.
- Serve the chilled slaw on top of the warm, crispy tortillas. Top with sliced avocado and hot sauce if desired.