I came up with this recipe because I had some specialty oils and I was trying to think of a creative way to use them.
Pistachio-Parsley Broiled Fish
This is an easy dish that's light and delicious. Wonderful to enjoy for summer.
Recipe type: Entree
- ¼ c chopped unsalted pistachios
- ½ c minced parsley
- ¼ c grated parmesagn
- ¼ c panko crumbs
- 2 tbsp pistachio oil (available in specialty oil section or substitute extra virgin olive oil)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 white fish filets (flounder, swai, sea bass all work well)
- drizzle a ½ tbsp of oil on the bottom of a baking dish big enough to comfortably hold the 4 filets without crowding
- place filets in the dish and dust with salt and pepper and drizzle ½ tbsp of oil over the filets.
- in a bowl, combine the first 4 ingredients plus 1 tbsp of the oil. mix well and spoon over the fish. broil at 425 for 10-15 minutes or until fish is cooked but not dry.
this would also be tasty with walnuts and basil.