These cookies are insanely good because they are not too sweet. The combination of the jam with the shortbread-like cookie is to die for. This cookie is a Hungarian recipe.
I can't take credit for this recipe but I can attest to how good it is!
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 lb. butter
- 8 oz low fat cream cheese
- 5 cups flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1½ cups jam or preserves
- With a stand mixer, mix the butter and cream cheese until blended.
- Slowly add the flour one cup at a time.
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar on a rolling surface and roll out the dough to ¼" thickness.
- Cut the dough into 2" circles. Place one circle on a greased cookie sheet.
- Place a teaspoon of jam in the center and cover with a second circle of dough. Continue until you have used all the dough.
amor cardamon Caribbean chicken children chili pepper Christmas cooking coriander culture curry Dominican Dominican Republic ex-pat family food garam masala God Haiti health healthy Hindu hurricane hurricane irma India Indian Food love marriage Miami nutrition poem poems poetry recipe sabor Santo Domingo soup spices Tamil Nadu travel tropics tumeric United States vegetarian year of poems