These cookies are insanely good because they are not too sweet. The combination of the jam with the shortbread-like cookie is to die for. This cookie is a Hungarian recipe.
I can't take credit for this recipe but I can attest to how good it is!
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 lb. butter
- 8 oz low fat cream cheese
- 5 cups flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1½ cups jam or preserves
- With a stand mixer, mix the butter and cream cheese until blended.
- Slowly add the flour one cup at a time.
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar on a rolling surface and roll out the dough to ¼" thickness.
- Cut the dough into 2" circles. Place one circle on a greased cookie sheet.
- Place a teaspoon of jam in the center and cover with a second circle of dough. Continue until you have used all the dough.