Tamarind Chicken “Lolipops”
Tamarind Chicken "Lolipops"
This is like an Asian barbeque sauce
Recipe type: Appetizer or Main
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 4 tbsp tamarind puree (available at Asian and Indian markets)
- juice of 1 lemon or lime
- 1 tsp Sriracha hot sauce (available at Asian markets) or other hot sauce
- 3 tbsp Tamari or soy sauce
- 4 tbsp Brown Rice Syrup (honey may be substituted)
- 1 tbsp molasses
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Take each drumstick and cut around the bone by the base of the drum part. Remove all skin and cartilage so you are left with the ball of meat and a clean bone handle.
- Mix all ingredients and marinate the drumsticks for at least 30 minutes, turning occasionally to ensure they are fully coated.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Best cooked on a cast iron griddle, lightly oiled, that is preheated in the oven. Cook through, turning once.